Monday, February 22, 2010

a branch of whimsy

This last week we were all sick and forced to stay at home, so...we decided to make the most of it by making some fun crafts. One of the fun projects we did was this cute little whimsical branch to hang in my daughters room. Easiest and most inexpensive project ever and the smile on my daughters face when she saw it was priceless.

What you need:
tree branch
scrapbook paper
scissors
glue dots
yarn
butterfly template (or butterfly punch if you have that)

First I printed off this butterfly template. Traced and cut out butterflies of both sizes. Then I took my yarn and made a few pom poms using tutorials found here. Then using my glue dots I placed the butterflies on the branch in a cute pattern and tied the yarn pom poms on the branch. Lastly, I traced and cut out a few leaves from my scrapbook paper and placed on branch using glue dots.
How perfect of a decoration for any little girls room.










Sumo Sweet Stuff

7 comments:

  1. I was wondering why I haven't seen you. I hope you're better. We were sick Valentines weekend. Lovely. Question: how did you attach it to your wall? I could do something like that for my boys with something more boyish on it. they are always trying to bring sticks in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ! It is so inspiring~
    Bon
    gorgfabgoodies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious just precious!! My daughter did something similar to this with fabric birds that she sewed up. I really love how this looks.

    Stop by and check out my Easter napkin ring promotion and see some of my Easter Tablescape ideas.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to share with you that I loved this idea, and used this as inspiration to make one for my daughter's room. I posted about it and linked to you. Hope that was okay!

    Here's the link:
    http://thecitypeach.blogspot.com/2010/02/sick-day-craft.html

    Thank you for all the lovely craft ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super DUPER cute! I can't wait to make one for my babies nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured your idea on my blog today! Thanks for linking up! Be sure to come grab my featured button!

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/2010/02/showcase-saturday_27.html

    Sumo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin