Wednesday, February 24, 2010

flower necklace

After seeing necklaces all over the place made from fabric and beads. I finally took the time to make one for myself. I made it yesterday and wore it today :) This project is as simple as buying a long string of beads from the store and hot glue gunning (is that a word?) some fabric flowers to them. So easy!! Mine took a little longer because my beads were from another necklace that I cut, restrung and added the metal chain to extend the length. However, without this added step this projects could be done in 30 minutes or less.

Step 1: Get on the internet and find a tutorial for a fabric flower. I used this technique that I had seen awhile back on Once Wed for one of my flowers. The other flower I did was a simple rolled fabric rose found here at Everyday Chaos.

Step 2: Attach your flowers to the necklace using felt circles and a glue gun. See the picture below.

Step 3: Wear your beautiful necklace and love it!

6 comments:

  1. I just got a cute pearl, chain, and flower necklace.. that I love! this one is so cute, and how easy to make too! THANKS for sharing! JGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice your cute necklace. I have just the necklace I can use to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many circles did you use to make the flower inspired by Once Wed?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin